Weekend, So No New News

Saturday, July 16, 2011 0 comments
As could be expected, since it is Saturday, no doctors came by to visit Mauri and see how he is doing.  As could also be expected, the nurses’ visits have also been scarcer.   So, Mauri’s 8AM antibiotic was given to him at 12PM, and his 4PM antibiotic was given to him a 5PM.
When I arrived this morning, Mauri had just given the nurse a call because he still had the empty IV bag connected, and wanted to get up.  They had been sitting around talking to each other when I went past, so I figured she would be right there.  We were waiting for about 25 minutes, though, before I finally went looking for a nurse.   I offered to take it off myself, if she gave me a plug to put on it after taking it off, but she told me not to worry, and that she would be right there.  Still, it was a total of at least 45 minutes wait just to have her come for 20 seconds to unscrew the IV bag.
When she came, I asked if she could give us one of those soap scrubbies, so that Mauri could take a shower.  She made a point of telling me, though, that it wasn’t her job, and that that’s what the auxiliaries do.  She peeled off the tape that was holding on the extra IV tube, and Mauri made a point of saying that his skin (burn scars) is sensitive there, to which she just responded “ya” as she proceeded to rip it off. 
I did eventually find a nice auxiliary (?Or maybe just a nicer nurse-- How am I supposed to know who is who and who does what), who handed me a bunch of scrubbies, and Mauri was able to take his first shower here.  After his shower they came by to take his temperature, and said it was a little bit high, but that it could be due to the fact that their thermometer doesn’t work very well.  (That builds confidence)
Anyways, a little while later, I remembered that I had brought my own thermometer to the self-serve hospital, and we took Mauri’s temperature.  It was a bit high, 38.2ºC (almost 101ºF), but we don’t really know what that means.  Mauri has a lot of swollen areas still, and no doctors have taken an actual look at any of it, so it's hard to know what could be causing it.  We’re hoping that it doesn’t mean too much, though, because Mauri wants to be able to go home ASAP. 
Eric, on the other hand, seems to be thoroughly enjoying the fiestas in the barrio of Mauri’s family.  There are lots of kids there playing outside this week in the street, which has been blocked off so that no cars are parked there.  The other kids like to play with him and push him around in his stroller.  Eric likes constantly moving around, so he has to be having a great time.  The only thing that worries me is that his schedule has been thrown off a little bit, and just when I had gotten him into a routine that had him taking longer naps, he’s no longer taking them anymore.  Hopefully, when things get back to normal, I’ll be able to get him back into his normal routine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB