My little American Spanish boy is getting so big!!

Friday, April 1, 2011 0 comments
With the whole ordeal of fallas, I forgot to mention that I received Eric's passport and American birth certificate in the mail, earlier than expected.  They told us that they were making changes to the birth certificates for births abroad, and that it would probably take about 3 months to receive instead of the usual 1 month.  In the end, though, we received them after only a little over a month!
Here's Eric's cute little passport.  I should get a pic of the birth certificate, too, because it's actually pretty nice.  (I guess it should be, though, when you consider how much we spent on it, not counting the hours that went into getting it!!)
About a week after receiving it all, we also received his social security card.  So, now Eric is all ready to go traveling to the US whenever we can.
We've also been realizing recently how big Eric is really getting.  I've been fixing and organizing pictures on our computer lately, and when I start comparing pictures, I really realize how much of a difference a few months makes.  Take a look at the difference between these pictures of him on his horse.
Eric at almost 6 months old

Eric at almost 3 months


It's not just his size, though.  You can also tell how he can hold himself up much better by himself than before.  He also keeps getting more and more friendly.  I've had many people comment, like the girls who work at cash registers at stores who stop to talk to him, how friendly he really is.  He usually smiles when people stop to talk to him.  I'm so used to that that I'm not sure I'm ready for him to go through the phase when they don't like to see strangers. Maybe he never will. ???  I'd be fine with that.
Another huge change over the last week is how Eric is getting better at sitting up by himself.  I think he's been able to for awhile, for at least a few seconds, but he doesn't usually like to sit still long enough to really show how well he's able to do it.  Over the last few days, though, he's been getting so much better at sitting up by himself, and every day he's able to do it for a little longer.  Today, I noticed that while he was sitting on my lap, I could let go (keeping my hands ready around him, just in case), and he was sitting up by himself for much longer than usual.  Even when I moved my legs from side to side, he controlled his balance well enough to stay sitting there.  I'll have to try to get a picture very soon.  I just need to get some help because I don't trust him by himself without someone behind him in case he falls.
Another thing he's also much better at now is rolling over.  I took him outside with me, and he was lying on a play matt.  If I turned my head for a few seconds, when I looked back , he had rolled off the matt, and was on his tummy, pulling out the grass.  He seemed to enjoy it, so I let him, until I realized he wanted to eat it all!!  So, back on the matt, on his back, he went right away.
Of course a few seconds later, he was back on his tummy, off the matt, pulling out the grass again!!
Silly Eric!!
In the interest of posting this tonight, before going to bed, I'll post without all of the pictures, but I'll try to add the other pictures soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB