Heat Wave

Friday, April 15, 2011 0 comments
Over the last few days, the weather has been a bit strange. We've had several days of extreme heat, and several days, like today, that have been cloudy and cooler. It makes it hard to decide what to wear, and the extreme changes in temperature were likely the cause of Eric's first real cold. Over the last two days, Eric has had a runny nose, has been stuffed up at night, and sneezes often. Despite it all, he seems to be in a great mood, and has had lots of fun the last few days.
Eric looking good despite his cold

Last Saturday was the hottest day by far, and I convinced Mauri to get out our pool to start to set it up. Eric was having fun putting his feet in the water and playing with his toys.
Playing in the pool is fun!!
 After playing outside in the water for awhile, the water level got a bit higher and we took Eric out of the pool.
He had fun watching us outside until it was time to go in.
The next day was a bit cooler out, but it was still warm enough to eat outside, and Eric wore shorts again.
What a great day for eating outside
Over the week, though, the weather cooled off quite a bit, and we haven't been able to have the same fun in the water.  We have been able to play outside in the grass some more, though.  Eric still loves ripping out the grass, and it is a great place for him to practice sitting up because the grass is good padding to soften his falls that are progressively getting further apart.
I saw a photo contest on the internet looking for pictures of babies or pregnant bellies with pets.  So, I figured it was time to get Eric out in the garden with Sheena and Molly.
Stop kissing me, Sheena

They were looking for something original and fun, so the first day I sent in this picture of Eric with Sheena.  Sheen is constantly giving everyone her slobbery kisses, and Eric is no exception.
Hello, Molly
I wanted something with both dogs, though, so we got back outside the next day and took some more.  I ended up sending in this one too.  Eric was sick of sitting up on his own, so I got the bumbo back outside and was able to get some good pictures with the dogs.
As the week has gone by, though, each day Eric is stronger and sits up for longer.
¿Qué pasa?  I've got this sippy cup thing down!!

He's also been practicing with a sippy cup.  While he can't use it by himself, except to bathe himself in water, he has gotten the hang of drinking out of it with help.  He also seems to like drinking water, which made me happy because I've heard that a lot of breastfed babies only want to drink breastmilk.


Am I teething?

He seems to be putting everything in his mouth lately, especially his hands.  I don't know if it's because we were never able to get him to accept a pacifier, and he's just looking to put something in his mouth, or if it is a sign of him starting to teeth.
Sporting his new baseball cap, and sitting up better than ever!!

Otherwise all is well.  Mauri wanted to buy him a baseball cap, so we found one for him, and I think he looks great in it.  He's cuter by the day, but I would think so, I'm his mommy.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB