Stuck in the hospital still...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 0 comments
Well, I can't writw much right now.  I am still in the hospital, and, up until now, haven't really had access to the internet.  Today, though, Mauri's brother lent us a mobile internet connection, that he had as a 10 day trial, but I don't really have time to write much now because we need to get it back to him.
I did want to get the main news posted here, though, and I will fill in the details when I finally get home.
Eric was born last Tuesday, September 21st, at 10AM, and weighed 3.25 kilos.  He measured 50cm.
He was born by emergency c-section after many hours of labor, and several hours of pushing.  Unable to get him out, they decided to do an emergency c-section, but both the epidural and regional anesthesias failed, so it was done under general anesthesia.  It was found that he had been unable to come out due to a short umbilical cord.  Every time I pushed, the doctors could see his head come down, but at the end of each push, his head went back up again.
Anyways, despite the complications of the birth, everything seemed OK, and it looked like I was going to go home on Friday morning, until they took my blood pressure that morning.  It had skyrocketed.
Because of my blood pressure, it was determined that I couldn't leave the hospital.
Then, after a day or two, my temperature skyrocketed, and I had high fevers for several days.
After several days of tests, opening up the wound and cleaning it out each day, antibiotics... I have finally been without fever for 2 days.  My blood pressure is starting to go down again (although it is still being controlled by meds), and they think that once my infection has gone, that so will my hypertension.
Anyways, like I said, I can't write much more now, and will fill in the details when I get home. I just wanted to update so that you would know why it has been so long since my last post.
Where is Dr. House when you need him??? 
It looks like, now, that if all continues to improve as it has been, that I will be able to leave here in another day or two. (fingers crossed)
Anyways, I'll post the two pictures that Mauri was able to post to Facebook from his phone.  I don't have a cable for my camera, so I can't post more pics until I get home.
This first picture was taken by Mauri when they handed Eric to him, righ after he was born.  Mauri wasn't allowed in the OR with me, and I was still under general anesthesia, so even I hadn't met Eric yet! :(
This picture was taken of him on the first day, after his first shower.
Well, that's it for now...
I'll update with more when I get home!!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB