Dreaming of Strawberry Kisses

Monday, February 8, 2010 1 comments
Well, although my oreo cookie cravings are long gone, so is my aversion to sweets from the very beginning of my pregnancy. Usually I'm not much of a sweet tooth (just ask my mom, who threw out the last year's halloween candy each year before I would go out and trick-or-treat for more).
Now, though, every once in awhile I have a craving for something sweet that I wouldn't normally eat. I guess that isn't so strange during pregnacy, but it becomes a little more strange when you have cravings for things that you have never tried.
So, it surprised me when I found myself dreaming about "strawberry kisses." I had only seen the package once in my life when a friend of mine had bought some to bring back to another friend in the US. Neither of us had ever tried them, but in my dream, I could taste them, and knew exactly what they were like.
So, the next day, I had to have them to see if I was right.
I guess I'm not very psychic, because although they had a "strawberry flavor" like they had in my dream (not too hard to predict), they didn't taste exactly as I had envisioned them. Still, I did manage to finish the package over the next several days.
I don't plan on buying more any time soon. Not only has my sweet tooth gone again for a little while, but I have been trying to force myself back into a more normal, healthier way of eating. Luckily, real strawberries blended with yogurt and honey appeal to me more than strawberry kisses. I hope that continues...

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB