Week 11

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 0 comments
On the advice of one of the girls at the reception desk at work (who is herself pregnant with 2 girls),
I signed up for babycenter.com weekly emails. They send you information about your baby each week.
Anyways, today I hit the 11 week point, and I thought I would start to share the weekly updates here:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

How your life's changing:

If you're like most women, you're feeling a bit more energetic now and your nausea may be starting to wane. Unfortunately, you may also be suffering from constipation (caused by hormonal changes, which can slow digestion) and heartburn (hormones again, relaxing the valve between your stomach and esophagus). Just remember, all this discomfort is for a good cause.

Don't worry if nausea has made it impossible for you to eat a wide variety of healthy foods or if you haven't put on much weight yet (most women gain just 2 to 5 pounds during the first trimester). Your appetite will likely return soon, and you'll start to gain about a pound a week.




Well, they were right about one thing: my appetite coming back. I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night- needing to eat!!
Unfortunately, I don't fit into the "normal" only 2-5 pound weight gain for the 1st trimester according to today's weigh-in. I guess I'll wait until they weigh me at the private doctor's office, though, until I get too upset. There they weigh me without my boots, and use the same scale each time. :)

As for the size of the baby, it's interesting to see that the Spanish version of the same newsletter compares the size to a plum. (and one of my other newsletters compared the size to a small plum last week and to a large lime this week.) All this talk of food is making me hungry. :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB