8 Months Old!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1 comments
On Saturday, Eric turned 8 months old already.  Unfortunately, I wasn't really in the mood for celebration because I was feeling a bit tired.  When trying to breastfeed Eric during the night before, I noticed one side hurt a little, and I thought he had been trying to bite me or something.
Throughout the morning, I noticed it hurting still, but attributed it to the fact that I was wearing a different bra than usual.  That afternoon, though, I had to take a look, and realized that I had a huge, hard spot and a red, inflammed breast.
So, after a quick trip to the med. center, I was diagnosed with what I expected, mastitis, and was given antibiotics to help clear it up.  Luckily I had read a little about it myself beforehand because when the doctor told me it would be best for me to hold off from breastfeeding, or at least do it less often for now, I knew that I was planning on ignoring him.

By that evening, I was still not feeling great, and I started to pump mik on that side to see what would happen.  Little by little the inflammation went down somewhat, and I felt much better.  Since then I have continued to breastfeed and pump, and am feeling much better.

I made an appointment for first thing Moday morning with my usual doctor, and she told me to keep up breastfeeding if I could, and that it would help me feel better since engorgement of the breast just causes more pressure that just causes more pain.  (Good thing I hadn't paid attention to the first doctor!) She noticed a bit of a lump still, but it was already much better by then. I really don't notice it at all anymore, and feel fine.  I think it's lucky I started treatment right away because it really wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I really spent very little time uncomfortable in the end.

On Sunday, we had a celebration of Eric's birth with some of Mauri's parents' friends.  They made a big paella, and one of the women had made pastries for desserts.  Pepita had also ordered another cake with Eric's picture on it for the celebration.  We received a few more cute little shorts outfits as presents too.
Over the last few days, we have gone from really unusually cool temperatures to full blown summer weather.  So, I figured it was important to start going through his wardrobe.  Lately it's been difficult to know what to dress him in, with so many clothes of so many different types.  So, I cleared out all of the long pants and long sleeved shirts, especially those of 6 month sizes.  I kept a couple of each at hand, just in case we get a few cooler days again.

That's when I realized how many summer clothes he has for this year!  Luckily summer clothes don't take up a lot of room.  Also, I guess it's good to have lots of summer clothes so that if he gets sweaty or dirty from playing outside, we can change them often.  For me, summer clothes are also the most fun!

This past week I also got my photo book of Eric in the mail.  It turned out really well, and has inspired me to work on more of them.  I'll likely be trying out several types from several different companies.  I've also started to work on a blurb book of this blog, that I will probably continue and wait to actually publish it until Eric's first birthday.  Once finished, I'll have a hard copy that Eric will be able to read, if he so chooses, when he gets older.
I'll add some pictures of the book in my next post.  For now, I'll include pictures from last Sunday's celebration.

   

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB