8 weeks old, and smiling and laughing.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 0 comments
On Tuesday (yesterday), Eric turned 8 weeks old.
Over the last couple of weeks, Eric has started to smile and laugh a lot more when he's in a good mood (mostly in the morning).  I have finally managed to catch a couple of the smiles on camera.
I've also uploaded some of the pictures from Eric's fiesta in the neighborhood where Mauri's parents live.
Anyways, it was a lot of fun.
As I stated in the last entry, Eric's grandmother organized the party as a way to give thanks to the people of the neighborhood who had gotten money together to give as a gift to us to buy something for Eric.
I think we've decided to open up a bank account for Eric, and will likely put the gift money into that account rather than use it to buy him things right now.  A few people bought things for him and gave them to us separately, and some gave them to us at the party.  One of the fun gifts received at the party was the pair of little denim baby "tennis shoes," which we put on him during the party to show them off.
At his party we ate an arroz abanda that his mother made with the help with the women from the neighborhood. 
We also had a cake with a picture of Eric on it.  As you can see in the pictures, Eric was the first to "try" the cake.  So, no, he didn't actually taste it, but he did get his hands into it.  :)
I've also been busy uploading the latest pictures to Shutterfly. You can see them, along with the older ones, here:

Click here to view these pictures larger

I'll probably rename this album to be Eric, birth-2months, and will make a new album for the next pictures.
I've also received some new presents from friends, and have some other projects to show you. I'll try to do that in the next entry.
Eric doesn't sleep as much during the day anymore, so it's getting harder for me to get my projects done. I do have to say, though, that I am much more rested lately. Last night he reached a new record for sleeping. We put him to bed at around 10:15, and he fell asleep (without crying!!) at around 10:45. Then, he didn't wake up again until 5AM!! I couldn't believe it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tonight!!
Well, I'd better go. Someone is waking up and hungry! More to come soon!
Oh, one more thing...
Now that I'm writing less often,
for those who want to follow the blog without having to constantly check in and see if I've posted something new, you can become a follower of the website in the right margin. (Being in Spain, it shows as being a "seguidor" here, but I'm guessing that it says something else for those of you reading from the US???) You can choose to keep it private, if you prefer, and supposedly it will still send a message to your email as soon as I post a new post.
If anyone gives it a try, let me know if it works!!
Now I really have to go!! Someone is crying!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB