Having a hard time catching up!

Thursday, October 14, 2010 0 comments
I decided to take advantage of the time that I finally got Eric to take a nap during the day... without being in my arms, to get in a quick update.  So, it's not that I don't want to write anything in my blog, but, honestly, I just haven't had much of a chance.  Any free time I have goes to trying to wash his clothes, keep up with the dishwasher, etc., and even not much of that has been getting done recently.
Every other day I have had several visits to the medical center.  I go every other day so that the nurse can take a look at my incision, drain it and bandage it back up again (after putting in a new drain for the excess fluid).  Then, every time I have been there, I have taken advantage of the visit by scheduling another.  On some days I have even been there for 3 different visits.  Not only do I have to look after myself, but there's also paperwork to do, and Eric has his own visits and check-ups.
They have been checking his weight lately, too, to make sure he is eating enough, so I have to go in every once in awhile to have him weighed.  For some reason or other, it seems that the rumors are around Dénia that I don't have enough milk for Eric and that I need some sort of "help." (?  I'm guessing in the form of formula??)  I have reason to believe that this started with my mother-in-law, and can't help but wondering why.  Up until now, the doctors have given me no reason for concern, and it seems to be only based upon the fact that Eric is hungry quite often.  So, yes, it sometimes feels like I'm constantly having to feed him, but I just assumed that ths was the way to get my body to produce enough milk for him.  This, however, was interpreted as meaning that I either don't have enough milk, or that the quality of my milk isn't good or something like that.  Everyone seemed to want the doctor to tell me at the last appointment that Eric wasn't growing quickly enough, and that I needed some sort of "help" (because you should see the neighbor's friend's baby who was born only four days before Eric, who is eating formula, how much bigger he is!!), and almost seemed in shock when the docor told me that the growth since his last appointment was great.  I don't understand this need to have the biggest baby, or whatever the need is.  I'd much prefer to have the healthier baby.  So, yes, it did take him almost 3 weeks to regain his birth weight, but from what I've read, it isn't unheard of, and once he started to gain, he has been doing well.  Since then, though, rumors seem to be still circulating around Denia because people who see me stop me and ask about Eric's weight, and if I will be needing the "ayuda."  (Can you tell I'm alightly annoyed, and my sleep deprivation isn't helping much!)
Otherwise, things are fine.  Mauri has really been helping me out a lot at night, something that I didn't really expect of him.  That didn't sound like I wanted it to...  I didn't mean that I didn't expect him to offer me help!!  I meant that he works so many hours at work that I was planning on having everything under control so that he wouldn't have to do much once he got home.  Unfortunately, I do need a bit of help sometimes, so Mauri helps me give Eric his baths in the evening, and has mostly been the one to get dinner together so that I can feed Eric. That's the only way that we have a chance of eating together in peace.  :)
I can't say that I have many complaints, though.  No, I haven't been able to sleep as much as I would like, nor do I have a lot of time to get caught up on things like emails and this blog, but I do enjoy the time with little Eric.  Yes, he can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but you just can't help running to him to hold him when he's crying.  So, no, despite my lack of time and sleep, so far I have no regrets.
I'll try to get some more pics here soon, and better updates, with the story of his birth and our hospital stay.  For now, though, Eric is awake, so I better go!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB