30 weeks, 7 months, fiestas in Denia, and Spain in the world cup finals=Tracy is exhausted!!

Friday, July 9, 2010 0 comments
Well, I will start out by saying that I'm sorry for not updating lately, but things have been pretty busy around here.
Denia is celebrating its week of fiestas, and there are lots of activities going on.
So far, I have seen the running of the "bulls" (actually, really, mostly cows), and the bulls in the plaza on the water here. We've also been participating in the fiestas of Mauri's parents' street.
So, there has been food in the street, and other activities to constantly go to.
We also took advantage of the fact that Mauri wasn't going out on the boat, to make it back to IKEA in Murcia, and to buy the dresser for the baby's closet, amongst other things.
Next door, at the Toys 'R' Us, we also ended up buying a swing for the baby that fits in with the fish theme of the baby's room.
When I get everything set up, I will upload pictures.
To top it all off, Spain is also making history in the world cup this week by reaching the finals for the very first time in the country's history. So, the atmosphere here, is definitely one of celebration and hapiness.
The end of the week of fiestas of Denia will coincide with the final game of the world cup, and if all goes as Paul the octopus predicts, Spain will win, and Denia will celebrate the final of the world cup and of the fiestas simultaneously, with fireworks and a Rosana concert.
I would love to be able to participate in all fo it, but with my ever-increasing belly, the heat, the fact that I can't drink a mojito or two to cool down... well, it really has made it so that I prefer to watch the games with air conditioning on at home, lying on my side. I have really been getting very tired, very quickly lately, and have been resorting to taking naps again, to make it through the day. I've also been noticing the kicking and movements of the baby much more this week. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the last few days of fiestas, the dinners, the concerts, the fireworks, the winning of the world cup, with people running through the streets with the Spanish flag cheering (even in Barcelona!!)... as much as possible.
So, I won't write much more right now- too much to do!!!
I will leave you with my 30 week update, though, and will try to write more about how the rest of the week went next week!!-

How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
Up until now, things have been going great with the pregnancy, but I do have to admit that this week, I have noticed a BIG difference in the way that I feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB