Spring Returns

Thursday, May 9, 2013 0 comments

I wrote this last Friday, and, somehow, never got around to posting it.  I guess I've been busy since this weekend, and I'll tell you about it all very soon!! 
Meanwhile...

Today (Friday) Eric has the day off; just like yesterday.  
In my last post, I had spoken too soon about summer finally arriving.  While I was celebrating the beautiful weather, a big wave of cold and rain wiped the smile off my face, and it lasted for much longer than I would have liked.  Luckily, though, yesterday the nicer weather finally came back. So, to celebrate, once again, we decided to take the day off, and I brought Eric to the place with the balls that he likes so much.  Much to my surprise, though, the place is closed on Thursday mornings.
Eric didn't quite understand the concept of the place being closed, and he was rather mad at mommy for bringing him so close to his favorite place, and then not letting him go in to play!!  I thought about bringing him to school afterwards, in exchange for bringing him back here today, but he was already so upset about me not letting him go in, that I ended up bringing him back home with me.  
With the nice weather, I was still able to get a little bit of work done outside while Eric was playing beside me.  I still hadn't decided about today, though.  
That's when a friend of mine messaged me about getting together.  She needed help with an English monologue for an English class, and I am in great need of a hair trim (and she cuts hair).   She could only get together starting at 3PM, though, and that's about the time that I would be going to pick up Eric.  I decided that it wouldn't be worth bringing him to school, then, so here we are again!!
Other than the extreme changes in weather, not much else is new.  I have been trying to get some spring cleaning done at home, and have been working a lot on planting and weeding in the garden.  I had gotten my vegetables planted just in time for the rainy weather, so hopefully they are now well established and will grow well.  
The hens have been supplying us with a constant supply of four eggs daily.  There are some days that there are only three, but more often than not, we have a third of a dozen.  We were considering buying another, white, hen, but decided against it because of the number of eggs that we already are getting.
Eric has been slightly broadening his Disney/Pixar horizons.  We actually rarely watch Cars anymore, and he is more likely asking for Wall-E, Up, or Bolt, but he has even let us watch a few more movies now.  We have seen Monsters Inc. and Toy Story 2, and he surprised me by wanting to watch Toy Story 2 again the other day.  I guess with all of the rain outside, and not much to do, we've been watching a few too many movies lately, and Eric seems to have them memorized.  He tells me what the characters are going to say at times, and tells me when something is going to happen or someone is going to show up.
We finished getting Eric's new house up.  It now has been painted with a wood protector, and Mauri got the roof asphalt up just in time before the rain came.  We just need to place some sort of flooring inside, and then we can move in all of Eric's toys.
Luckily, the nice weather has come back, and hopefully this time it is here to stay.  I wasn't looking forward to dealing with winter clothes and using the fireplace any more!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB