Mommy's Little Helper

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 0 comments
Lately I have been getting a lot of help around the house.  Some of that help is more helpful than the rest, but all help is welcome because it shows that somebody is actually trying to do what is right.


Anything from watering the plants to helping me move the clothes from the washer to the dryer is fair game, and Eric, "Mommy No!!!!", wants to do it.


For now, I take advantage of the help.  Sometimes, like when he moves the clothes to the dryer, he actually does help.  At other times I have to set aside some extra time for the chores in which he is "helping me."  I have to admit that it often feels like he only wants to do the things that I don't want him to do himself, and wants help with the things that I do want him to do himself, like taking down and pulling up his pants, or eating.

Mommy, No!!! Eric!!!!
I guess with time, he'll start to want to do those things on his own, too.  With school starting relatively soon, though, I hope it is sooner rather than later.  I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about how not doing those tasks alone well will affect him when he begins. 


I do like the extra help of him wanting to get into his car seat alone, and think it would probably be a good idea to start to set aside some little toddler "chores" for him to get used to the idea of helping around the house when he still wants to do just that.  I have seen people online who have made little chore charts for their toddlers, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that quite yet.


Meanwhile, I'll just try to keep his interest up, and enjoy the "help."  Above is a video showing how he helps me around the house.  You can see how he puts the clothes in the dryer, waters the plants, brings me the hens, even when I don't want him too!  Poor hens!!  You can also see how he's talking more and how he has fun playing with his umbrella.  
mmmmmm smoothie!

As for potty training, it is going pretty well.  He is wearing a diaper in the video because he had just woken up from his nap and I hadn't taken it off yet, but he only uses them for sleeping.  He is pretty good about doing pee pee in the potty no matter where we are, but mostly waits until we are home and he is with me for poo poo.  At least he is now telling me when he needs to go and he goes in the potty.  
Everything else is going well.  We're enjoying what's left of summer, for now.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB