It's a boy! Girl! Boy! Girl!...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 0 comments
Well, ever since I started to show my ultrasound pics, everyone has started commenting on whether I'm having a boy or a girl.
Most people have seemed to comment that my baby "looks like a boy."
Yes, these observations have come from looking at the face (profile), and are not based upon anything else.

Then, people started to remind me of the chinese gender prediction calendars...
Some of my friends swear that it has been right for them and for all of their friends.
They are based on the mother's age at the time of conception, and the month that conception ocurred. It is supposedly based on moon phases.
At the very beginning, I had consulted one of those... and was told I would have a girl.
Since then, though, I have found other chinese pregnancy calendars, and all of them seem to predict that I will have a boy.
hmmmm
It seems that there are different chinese lunar calendars out there, but most seem to give me the same results.

I decided to keep up my highly scientific research, and decided to take a few online tests that tell you if you will have a boy or girl based on anything from if you had morning sickness or not (kinda, sorta) to whether your belly is round, to if you are uglier or better looking now that you are pregnant. (Girls steal your good looks from you).
These tests all seemed to give me a slightly higher percentage likeliness of having a girl.

Then, I took the slightly more scientific approach. Supposedly, whether or not you will have a boy or girl according to some studies is dependent upon the amount of testosterone in the mother's system. This can be determined by pychological profiling...
They use this theory to explain why there are more boys born after wars, etc.
My result? http://www.sexratio.com/testresults.php?cat=2
85% probability of girl, 15% probability of boy

So, if the chinese calendar is supposedly 90% accurate, and predicts a boy,
and the "scientific" approach determines a 85% probability of a girl...
Where, exactly, does that leave me?

Back at the ultrasound, looking at the face. :)

Maybe I should start a "scientific" poll based on that...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB