Who does Eric look like?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1 comments
Well, as Eric gets older, I get more comments about how he's starting to look like Mauri.  I have also heard many comments that Eric looks like me from the front, but looks like Mauri fromthe side.

I'm not so sure.
From the front, I had a hard time seeing either of us.  I know he has my forehead and eyelashes, but I'm not so sure about the rest.  Lately, though, I've seen some pictures that have made me give the subject more thought.


It started when my mom sent me a picture of Eric and I in which you can see us both from the side.  I think it actually makes me think that I look like Eric from the side.

I see a bit of similarity.
On the other hand, Mauri's mom was going through her old pictures, and I saw what Mauri looked like as a baby.  I was surprised by how few pictures there were of Mauri, and I think there was only one of him from before he was one year old which I'm guessing is from his baptism.  There were a few of his first birthday, and then there weren't really any except for a few birthdays and his first communion.  I found it quite sad, really.  I took the album home to scan the few pictures that they had to help try to restore them since they are fading, scratched, ripped and stained.  With so few, it wasn't as big of a task as I had imagined.
  I'm glad that Eric will have a few more pics than his dad had.  
In this picture of Mauri, I see some similarity with Eric too.  So, maybe he looks more like us than I thought.
In any case, I'm happy that he doesn't look like the babies that certain match sites said our baby would look like.  When I was pregnant, for fun, I tried these websites to see what our baby might look like.  You take a picture of the mother and cross it with a picture of the father, and the various websites let you know what your baby is supposed to look like.

This was the better looking of our possible babies.  With this website, though, I wasn't given the option of saying if it was going to be a boy or a girl.  So, the baby doesn't really look like a boy or girl to me.
When I tried a different website, I decided I would stop before having nightmares about my ugly baby...




This was one of my possible ugly baby boys!  Yikes!!
When I used the same pictures, but just switched the order of which one went first, this is what I got.



I'm not sure it looks like a little boy to me.  It actually looks more like Nicole Kidman.  :)
I'm not sure exactly how either of these came from our pictures nor do I understand why one baby is so dark and one is so fair skinned, having used the same pictures of Mauri and I.
All I know is that I'm happy that Eric didn't turn out like them.  I like him just the way he is. 

Well, I'll try to get back to the birth story and baptism pictures sometime soon.
This week, though, I may have to postpone those stories for that of fallas.  Next week we are celebrating fallas here in Denia, and I'm sure you'll like seeing pictures of the cutest, newest fallero of the falla of the 1st group of marineros.  Can you guess who he is?

1 comments:

  • estrellas4mere said...

    I'd be frightened to procreate after seeing those photos. And where do they get the silly costumes from.

    I'm excited for Eric's first Fallas. I have such fond memories of Las Fallas.

    Que todo vaya superbien por tu familia.

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB